Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Fighting for the rights of pedestrian accident victims.
Every year between 4,000-5,000 pedestrians are killed in motor vehicle accidents and over 60,000 are injured. On average, a pedestrian was killed every 2 hours and injured every 8 minutes, according to the Department of Transportation. In 2013 California had more pedestrian fatalities that any other state at 701, but thankfully not the highest per capita. The same year San Francisco saw 18 pedestrian fatalities, Fresno with 11, and Los Angeles suffered far more, with 76.
A pedestrian is a person travelling on foot, whether walking or running. In some cases, those traveling on roller skates, skateboards, and scooters, as well as wheelchair are also included as pedestrians. Pedestrian accidents tend to be frequently associated with runners, joggers, bikers, the elderly and children that run out into the middle of the street. In other words, they are associated with people that do not move fast enough to get out of the way of a moving vehicle when crossing the street. Inattentiveness on the part of the pedestrian is also blamed. The truth is that people of all ages can be victims in pedestrian accidents regardless of how fast or slow they move. If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, these injuries can be quite serious and may even be fatal. It’s for this reason that you need to speak with a pedestrian accident attorney at the San Diego Injury Law Center 619-338-8230.
San Diego Injury Law Center
San Diego Injury Law Center Pedestrian Accident Lawyers are here to help. We have helped thousands of clients recover the compensation that they need so that they can pay for their current and future medical expenses, lost wages, and other applicable costs. It is very important to be able to eliminate the financial hardship that results from an accident that was the direct result of someone else’s negligence. Contact the San Diego Injury Law Center today to schedule an initial consultation. Our legal services team can help you in your time of legal need, proving you with a skilled Pedestrian Accident Lawyer 619-338-8230.
Types Of Pedestrian Accidents
We are experienced with all types of pedestrian accidents. We have had clients who have suffered injuries stemming from accidents in a number of circumstances, including:
- Crossing the street outside of a crosswalk
- Crossing the street in a crosswalk
- Walking through a parking lot
- Walking along a recreational trail
- Walking along highways and county roads
- Collisions with cars, buses, motorcycles, and bicycles
The most important thing to understand when you are seeking compensation for your pedestrian accident injury is who the insurance company adjusters work for. Whether it’s your insurance company or the insurer of the other driver, the adjuster does not work for you. They work for the insurer, and that’s whose interests they are looking after. That means their goal is to settle the claim for the lowest amount possible.
We work for you, and your interests are our top priority! This is uppermost in our minds and how we approach all our negotiations with the adjusters, insurers and any counsel for the opposing party. While this is a new experience for you and your family, we deal with these legal issues day in and day out. We are familiar with the tactics they use and what they are and aren’t allowed to do.
If you or someone that you love has been involved in a pedestrian accident, contact the lawyers at the San Diego Injury Law Center today. Our pedestrian accident lawyers look forward to helping you. Call Now 619-338-8230 for a Free Consultation. No Fee Until We Win. Millions Recovered.
Pedestrian Safety Resources
- State Highway Pedestrian Exposure Estimates
- Pedestrian Injuries in California 2007-2013 (PDF)
- TRB Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Summary of the UTCs Conference, Dec 2016 (PDF)
- Community Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Training Program (CPBST) (PDF)
- 2018 Community Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Training Program (CPBST) Fact Sheet (PDF)
- 2016 Pedestrian Safety Improvement Monitoring (Pilot) Program Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Complete Intersections: A Guide to Reconstructing Intersections and Interchanges for Pedestrians (PDF)
- Complete Intersection Brochure (PDF)
- Deputy Directive 64-R2 (PDF) , October 2014
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Facilities in California: A Technical Reference and Technology Transfer Synthesis for Caltrans Planners and Engineers (PDF) , July, 2005
- California Blueprint for Bicycling and Walking, (PDF) May 2002
- Highway Design Manual (HDM):
- Sections relating to pedestrians are Ch 100 (Topics 105), Ch 200 (Topic 208), Ch 300 (Topics 302, 303, 305), and Ch 400 (Topics 401, 403, 405)
- Chapter relating to bicylists is Ch 1000 – Bicycle Transportation Design
- California Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (CA MUTCD): Sections relating to pedestrians are Parts 2B, 2C, 3B, and 4
- California Vehicle Code (CVC): Sections relating to pedestrian rights and duties are 21949-21979. This link will direct you to the table of contents for the CVC; once there you can click on the section of interest.